Bilingual Childcare Administrator/Enrollment Coordinator
If you’re passionate about positively impacting the lives of young children and making a difference in the world of early childhood education, consider joining The Child and Family Network Centers (CFNC) as the Bilingual Childcare Administrator / Enrollment Coordinator of our award winning preschool program for low-income families. An Alexandria based nonprofit, CFNC provides caring, high-quality, free early education and related services to at-risk children and their families in their own neighborhoods in order to prepare them for success in school and life.
The Bilingual Childcare Administrator / Enrollment Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Programs. The Coordinator will be responsible for a variety of office administrative functions and duties, including the enrollment process for 8 preschool classrooms (136 children). The Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining each student’s registration, schedule, and permanent records. The position will involve a high level of interaction and teamwork with program staff, and families. Candidate MUST be bilingual Spanish/English.
• Administer agency’s student enrollment program; maintain and update enrollment waiting lists.
• Provide daily administrative and NAEYC support to the Director of Programs.
• Provide daily support to teachers (update attendance forms and rosters), and manage substitutes as needed.
• Create and maintain computer databases for student enrollment.
• Collect incoming agency payments (Late Fees, Aftercare Fees, and Application Fee from families).
• Conduct off-campus enrollment including some weekends or evenings.
• Prepare and distribute all registration materials at the beginning of each school year.
• Set up and coordinate class field trips.
• Perform preschool filing and photocopying as needed.
• Handle inquiries from Spanish/English speaking families and assist in completing various agency forms.
• Translate documents from English to Spanish (i.e. newsletters, parent memos).
• Make follow-up calls to families as needed.
• Meet and greet prospective and current clients.
• Apply for all licensing and permits for classrooms including City of Alexandria, and DSS.
• Order office and classroom supplies and manage office supply budget.
• Order student meals and supplies and manage meals budget. Track meals and submit reimbursement for USDA free and reduced price lunch program.
• Coordinate IT services with IT consultant for classroom sites
• Oversee maintenance and respond to facility issues at all classroom locations.
• Coordinate and oversee classroom moves for the summer and for off-site openings and closings.
• Update agency’s voice mail message when necessary (i.e. snow day, school closure, etc.), and provide technical support to staff on phone systems.
• Coordinate with city administrators in charge of subsidy and scholarships as well as with the food service provider for the preschool.
• Assist agency on special assignments as required.
• Attend training as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Programs and other members of the agency’s Senior Staff.
Experience, Essential Skills and Personal Characteristics:
• Must be fluent in both Spanish and English, written and oral.
• Must maintain a reliable and punctual attendance record.
• Should possess strong analytical skills. This requires demonstrated ability to analyze situations and
develop common sense solutions or recommendations.
• Required to act independently and must demonstrate the proper level of confidence and initiative.
• Ability to define and refine processes.
• Be proficient with MS Office programs such as MSWord and Excel.
• Must be highly supportive and a cooperative team player.
• Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Must be able to handle high-volume phone inquiries.
• High School diploma required. BA degree preferred.
• Bilingual: English/Spanish REQUIRED (oral and written).
• Experience with a nonprofit organization or school administration a plus.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Susan Keightley, Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
3700 Wheeler Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304
Tel: (703) 836-0214
Please make checks payable to: The Child & Family Network Centers 3700 Wheeler Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22304 Learn More>>
Volunteer in the classroom, host your own fundraiser or supply drive, or join our Young Professionals Council. Learn More>>